here and there

Sunday, November 15, 2015

Chocolate Bundt Cake



Something about baking a cake for a birthday.  Okay, I did use a cake mix, something my Mom rarely did.  She did use Lemon Pie filling which I believe was because fresh lemon were not readily available.  She also used Angel Food Cake mix which I remember her telling me that it was just as good as making it from scratch.. I believe the reason she used the cake mix instead of making the cake from scratch is that you would then be left with 12 egg yolks and then the need to use them in something like noodles! She did make beautiful Chiffon cakes, Maple Walnut or Poppy Seed for my birthday, that she would even put on the bus for my birthday when I couldn't come home. Chiffon Cakes use the whole egg!
The history of cake mix is very interesting! 




My Bundt pan is one of my favorite pans to use for cakes. 

Grease well a Bundt pan
To a cake mix, add 4 eggs, 1/2 c oil, 1 cup sour cream, 1/2 c water, 1- 4oz pudding
Mix well 
Add a handful of fresh cranberries and chocolate chips (optional) but I love the taste of fresh cranberries in the Chocolate cake or brownies. 
A cherry pie filling works well here too!
Bake for 30 -40 minutes at 350 in preheated oven 


The best part of the cake is helping decorate using raspberries and whip cream! 


No comments: