Sketching out the shape of a horn and cutting out 4 pieces of fabric for the horns, which were stuffed with polyfill stuffing.
A pattern for a rabbit head bonnet was used. Since it was children's size, I increased it a bit for me.
The back of the bonnet was gathered at the seam line using an elastic from the top of the seam to the bottom.. I had wished I had cut the length of the bonnet longer at the bottom to cover more of my hair. I had also gathered in the middle of each side but this made the bonnet to small, so left on a little bit of the elastic. I could have lined the bonnet but felt it would be too hot to wear at a house party. The edges of the bonnet were hemmed.
The next step was placement of the horns, which were sewn on to the bonnet.
Using the piece of fabric that had be cut irregularly for the head piece, I still had close to a metre left!
Although I had a perfect dress for the costume, I decided to wear a long black dress and sew a cape for the costume. A trip to the Dollarama store in our neighbor found the prefect solution to a Maleficent cape. The cape was trim with Pinking shears at the bottom, the top was gathered and trimed with a bais tape cut from the fabric to trim the edge and make a tie.
My solution to making a stand up collar and supporting it on the cape was to buy a wired bat with sparkles and place the bat upside down so the wings were the ruffled top.. I did need feather but Dollarama no longer sold the Feather Boa!
My husband went as Sebastian, the Bad Butler!
In spite of their busy schedules. Hilary and Trump made an appearance.
What would a party be without food!
And a special cocktail just for me, Maleficent ! I understand it was delicious!
Someone wore her beautiful wedding dress that looked specutular in the Florescent Light! Not sure if this was Good or Evil!
The Staircase to Heaven! With an angel at the base!