here and there

Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Cornbread Stuffing with Sausage and Smoked Oysters



A recipe that was featured on Antonio Taylor's Facebook page was the following picture but no recipe.  Having been successful with the corn beard topping for the Mexican pie, I added this to my Christmas planning list. 

Here is the picture for my inspiration from his site! 



He made a crawfish gravy and to the Cornbread stuffing he added Smoked Oysters and Sausage.  




Christmas Dinner

I used the cornbread recipe that I used for the Mexican Pie and added a tin of smoked oyster to the mixture. I left sausage meat out as wanted this to be a vegetarian dish. I think the sausage to the cornbread would have been delicious, along with fresh chopped Jalapeño.  

To the Vegetarian Gravy for the cornbread , I added small cooked shrimp!


No comments: