here and there

Monday, January 9, 2017

Christmas Holiday menu, 2016


Christmas menu, 2016




Along with a Christmas gift list, I find planning the Christmas Menu and work list a lot of fun. Although over the years, my list for Christmas gifts has shortened, yet my Christmas Menu has increased, especially for Christmas Eve Dinner.  This year since we were going to have house guests over the Christmas season, I planned and prepared each day's meal so that it could be frozen in my deep freeze and brought out the day before to be popped into the oven.  I find that everyone wants to hang out in the kitchen and eager to eat right away.  Yes, our fast food generation! 

I have posted my Menu planning list and have added links to the dishes I have blogged before, some more than others, so these links have also been included with a date.  I will be blogging on the other dishes and including the link in this menu list! 

I found that by making ahead casseroles, I enjoyed Christmas very much but it did take about 2 weeks to prepare before hand.  But it was well worth it!  Do note that since my niece was a vegetarian, I had two casseroles for each meal ready. The vegetarian dishes went well with everyone!

I must add that everything went smoothly before Christmas with my husband chopping most of the vegetables for the casseroles. Things went so went and ahead of schedule that on the 22rd, I decided to self clean my oven, not because the oven was so dirty, but my expresso pot was.  Then my oven would not heat up!  My hubby, an electrical engineer, could not find the fuse, so 118 dollars later, my oven was working!  By then I had rethought how I was doing to prepare these dishes, at 2 am in the morning. On googling, it was suggested never to clean the oven before a holiday. Who knew!  

Dec 23


Dec 24 Svata Vechir

Breakfast    Spinach Frittata. oranges 

Lunch    Hawaiian Sliders 

Christmas Eve

Kutcha


Loving Kutcha


Appetizers
Herring
smoked salmon

Soup
Borscht with dumplings (Vuška), Borscht, 2015
Mushroom soup
Beet salad


Pampushky 
Platter of fruit cakes, black bunt, white fruit cake, Dark Fruit cake, dried fruit and nuts
oranges




Late Night snacks, mixed of pickles, olives, cheese and sausage  and Italian Bread 




Christmas Day

Baked French Toast with Porchetta and cheese
Baked French Toast with Cheese
Baked Blueberry Pudding
Poppyseed rolls



Lunch


Christmas Day Dinner


Appetizers
mixed of pickles, olives, cheese and sausage and Italian Bread 
Jalapeno poppers
Steamed carrots
Green beans with almonds





Coleslaw
Twice baked Potatoes
Swedish Meatballs


Turkey with Dressing 
Tangy Cranberry sauce
Gravy









Flamed Steamed pudding with Butterscotch sauce


Boxing Day- Dec 26

Fruit cocktail

Lunch
Turkey Sliders

Carrot soup

Dinner

Prime Rib Roast
Make Ahead Gravy
Mushrooms
Steamed Broccoli
Caesar Salad, spinach salad
Beet salad
Guinness Bundt Cake with  Butterscotch sauce


New Year's Day 
Meat Fondue with Béarnaise Sauce 




Cheese Fondue 

Jan 6th

Herring Under a FurCoat 




Pan fried Fish















No comments: