here and there

Friday, July 24, 2015

Fancy Sandwiches for High Tea

Oh, I get by with a little help from my friends
Mmm, gonna try with a little help from my friends
Oh, I get by with a little help from my friends






On my planning list for the bridal shower was fancy Tea Sandwiches that are popular for High Tea.  When I had planned showers for my girlfriends years ago, I had made open face bun sandwiches with fillings that could also be used in tea sandwiches. Our church in another city had put on an Easter Tea and served plates of tea sandwiches, which were such a hit with everyone. 

The preparation I left to the day of the shower as the sandwiches can not be made ahead of time.  My friend and I started the sandwiches three hours before the shower.  Nancy took over saying she had three daughter and used to making them for their tea parties. 




The list of sandwiches were as follows;

Smoked Salmon with cucumber, Salad Cream English dressing, garden fresh dill on Rye
Thinly sliced cucumber, chopped mint, butter on whole wheat
Watermelon bread finger sandwiches with cream cheese and crushed pineapple and pickled ginger
Thinly sliced garden Radishes with butter on white
Camembert, Figs and Candied Walnuts opened faced Brioche  



My neighbor, Theresa showed up with two huge platters with beautifully decorated Tea Sandwiches.  


Pinwheels, cut out hearts, open faced  and finger sandwiches with fillings of egg salad, salmon on egg salad, cream cheese and cheddar.  What a beautiful arrangement of sandwiches!




No comments: