here and there

Friday, July 17, 2015

Apple Roses


Apple Roses for the dessert table.  Making roses out of fruit and vegetables seems to be the trend this year. 

Since I was using my mini muffin tray, I needed a very thin strip rolled out from the dough.  The width of the strip should be smaller than the depth of your muffin tin cup. 

The recipe for the dough is the same I used for the other appetizers like Watermelon bread and Bacon, Mango and Pecan rolls.  

Use a mandolin cutter  to cut very thin strips of apples. 

The apples are placed in a microwavable bowl with water and juice from half a lemon. 
Microwave for 2 to 3 minutes to soften the apple slices which makes the slices easier to roll into a rose.

Spread the rolled out dough with jam.
I used a peach jam that I had canned last year but one can use any type of jam one has on hand.




Place the apples on one side of the strip, overlapping a little bit so that you can see the apple slices. 

Fold up the bottom edge of the dough over the apple and roll. 

Make tiny roses as you roll and cut before you roll out another rose.  



Bake for 20 to 25 minutes in a preheated oven 375 degrees




No comments: