here and there

Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Okonomiyaki, Japanese Pizza



According to Just One Cookbook, Okonomi means “what you like” and yaki means “grilled.” and that is exactly what I did, add what I like or have on hand.  




Today, I used cabbage, red and green, along with red onions and shrimp. 



Grate or julienne very fine shreds of the vegetables.  Add grated ginger and minced garlic to the mix
 Don't worry about measures, if you do, then check out the link above.

I used 3 eggs, about 2/3 cup of flour along with a 1/2 tsp of baking powder. Mix well and fry in a cast iron pan


I usually garnish with some sour cream or plain yogurt, but this time decided to dress it with strip of nori, a light drizzle of sesame seed oil, pickled ginger, garlic chilli sauce and mayo that had been diluted in rice vinegar.

  




 My soon to be four granddaughter refuses to eat any form of vegetables.  The last time, I mixed onions, zucchini and cabbage! 





Added a slice of provolone cheese, Squash blossom and scoop of vegetarian sauce



And Yes, the Princess did gobble it down!





No comments: