here and there

Saturday, December 20, 2014

Fish Balls

This was a favourite of my children when they were young. There is something magical for children to serve meatballs or in this case Fish Balls.  It is a very easy recipe and made so easy if you have a food processor.  This can be one of the traditional dishes for Christmas Eve.   Of course you can add other seafood into the mixture. 


Basically everything is popped into the processor and pulsed until all the mixture is incorporated.  


Shape into small balls, dip into beaten egg and roll into Bread Crumbs or crushed Cornflakes.  Sauté the fish until golden brown.  Keep warm in the oven before serving.



Ingredients 
Fish Fillets
1/2 small onion chopped
Soak 1 c bread crumbs in 1/2 c milk 
1 egg
season with salt and pepper


Egg wash
Cornflakes, crushed
Butter for sautéing 

Garnish with parsley. Serve with sweet and sour sauce, plum sauce or cocktail sauce.

I found that since my bread was fresh that I did not need to add milk to the bread as I needed to press out the liquid to be able to form the fish balls.  

I also baked the fish balls instead of frying them and was pleased with the results.

No comments: