here and there

Monday, December 15, 2014

Breakfast Ham and Egg Cups for Christmas Morning!


In an email to my cousins on Sunday


This morning, I came across this and made me think of Nick and Doris visiting us on the farm.  Mom and Dad had unexpected guests and Mom made these in a muffin tin, but she used chicken bread stuffing in the ham and also baked them!  They were delicious.  Nick called them Shumka's as they were the very frequent visitors to the farm when they were there!

Funny to see this as an actual recipe!

Enjoy the day

These cute little cups are so easy to make and so tasty..great addition to your Christmas brunch
Ham and Egg cups
12 slices deli ham
12 eggs
grated cheese (I used parmesan,but can use cheddar)
salt and pepper
fresh basil (can use chives or chopped onion greens or herb of your choice)
Spray muffin tins with non-stick spray. Line each cup with ham. crack open an egg and slip into ham cup. Season with salt and pepper. Top with cheese and chives. Bake at *350 for 18-20 min. Remove from pan and serve immediately.

One cousin wrote "What a great "fast" breakfast. Don't you let MacDonald's see it!  Another wrote That looks so good….I’m going to try it!! 
The daughter of Nick and Doris wrote after Christmas

Merry Christmas to you and your family.
I love the fact that you took the time to share this with me.    I told Dan and Linda that you did :)
Guess what I made for Christmas morning.  They were delicious.  I shared your story with my family.  Of course, I let them know how special it was that you had shared with me.

All the best for 2015,

Bacon Wrapped Mini Omelettes - NO CARB 





Put bacon strips in muffin tin and then add whipped eggs with a little cheese about 3/4 full. Bake @ 350 degrees for 30-35 min. 

Lately I have been doing microwaved scrambled eggs for my husband and granddaughter.  Very easy to do and the eggs come out great.   Best of all no burnt egg smell!

Beat two eggs with about a tablespoon of cold water.  Pour into a microwave safe small dish. Grease the dish well first.  Add your favourite omelette fillings, spinach, cheese, mushrooms, onions, etc.  Beep for 30 secs on high, give the mixture a stir and beep for 20 to 30 secs more. 

The bacon strips could be added as above to the dish before cooking the egg mixture in the microwave.  I love my bacon cooked in the microwave and for this recipe would cook the bacon a bit before placing it in the dish 

No comments: