here and there

Thursday, May 23, 2013

Spicy Rice Noodle Salad


Pan fried Atlantic Salmon with Spicy Noodle Rice Salad


 For this recipe, soften rice noodles in warm water

Mix noodles in the following dressing

Dressing

minced garlic- 1 -3
brown sugar -1 teaspoon
chili paste- 1/2 - 1 tablespoon
rice vinegar- 1/3 c
fish sauce- 2 -3 T

Add Chopped Herbs ( Cilantro, and/or Mint and/or basil) and julienned vegetables .. I used a carrot, zucchini, green onions out of the garden and sweet pea pods.

I proudly used my new julienned matchstick slicer and was pleased with the results!

Drizzle  a little of sesame seed oil.  Garnish with peanuts, chopped green onion and chopped herbs.

Since I had soften too many rice noodles, I only added the vegetables to some of the noodles.. I left the rest of the noodles for another night!  Leaving out the vegetables gives you a fresher salad the next day when you mix in new vegetables .


No comments: