here and there

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Farm Life


This summer, I visited an old friend of my Mom's.. My Mom would only leave her cows to be milked by this lady when we went on Holidays to Ontario the first week in July, which was a short break between busy farm seasons, planting and haying than all the summer busyness followed by harvest

As I spoke to her, all my memories of farm life and my parents came rushing in and tears filled my eyes.
What an experience to visit with her and relive farm life that I had experienced as a child.




These turkey are all promised for  Thanksgiving in mid October.


I left with 2 dozen fresh eggs, jars of fresh cream, so thick and a yellow cream colour that you could see the fat content and fresh cottage cheese!  I also left with many warm memories of farm life and my parents! What a treasure!

No comments: