here and there

Sunday, March 2, 2014

Mixed fruit Oatmeal Muffins



I had been making frozen berry muffins for a few years, but stopped.  With a refrigerator full of frozen berries I decided to make a batch only to find, I couldn't remember the recipe that I had made and modified.



With google I found a few recipes which I then scribbled on paper and modified the recipe.
Like my Mom, I rarely label the recipe which has been a problem for figuring out the name of my Mom's recipes with only the ingredients listed!





We are still in very cold weather, minus 28. What better time than to bake a "Summer Pie in a Muffin"


Preheated oven to 375, preparing muffin tin tray

I cup of white flour
1 cup of rolled oats
1/3 cup of sugar
2 teaspoon Baking Powder

Mix the dry ingredients together

1/3 cup of oil
3/4 cup milk
1 tsp of vanilla
2 eggs

Mix the wet ingredients together

2 cups of frozen berries
1T sugar, toss berries in sugar to absorb juices.

Dust the berries with some of the dry ingredients
Mix wet into dry, blend only to mix ingredients together
Mix  floured berries into dough
You  mix gently until everything comes together.  About 15 strokes in total!

Spoon batter into prepared muffin tin
Bake for about 20 to 25 minutes. You need to bake longer as the berries are frozen.
Test the muffins at 20 minutes





No comments: