here and there

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Rhubarb Pie



Rhubarb pie 



Fresh Manitoba (Strawberry) Rhubarb out of my garden!



I like my pies tart so in this case I added about a cup of white sugar and flour to thick the sauce as it bakes. Use as much fruit as your baking pan can hold.  


Roll out your pastry so that it fits the bottom of your pan and that the pastry can be pulled over your filling and hold it so it doesn't leak .. if you look closely, this one did, but I also cut off some for my grand-daughter to use for her tarts! Did it matter that it leaked out.. No!




Right into rolling the pastry!
Look at the busy little hands and how quickly she knew what she was doing!
And she certainly had fun!



My unbaked pie, structurally weak in the upper right corner!!!





Serve warm with ice-cream! or in my case just plain without ice cream

 The final inspection by the littlest cook!




No comments: