here and there

Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Lacto Fermentation Hot Sauce







This is the third year I have made this Hot Sauce. The first year I used only Habaneros and the sauce was so hot that only the wife of the Syrian family we hosted would eat it.. I still have about a cup and it has mellowed out.  Last year's sauce, even though I also used a pound of hot Habanero Peppers, it lacked favourite and heat.  This is the second batch I made this year as the first time, there was no Habaneros only Jalpeno Peppers.  I came across this beauties, a couple of days ago and decide to make another batch. 




Hot Sauce

  • 1 lb Hot peppers
  • 3-4 garlic cloves
  • 2 T honey, sugar
Pulse hot chilies in Food Processor
Add honey
Transfer to sterilized jar
Add brine and stir well
  • Brine; 1 1/4 c water  mixed with 2 teaspoon of pickling salt
Keep at room temperature, loosen lid
Stir every day
On the fourth day, add 
  • 1/4 c cider vinegar
Let mixture sit for 2- 6 weeks, the longer it sits the better the flavour

Store in Refrigerator when ready
The hot sauce last indefinitely








No comments: