here and there

Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Barbie Doll Cake


Buttercream Frosting was made for the cake that was baked in my Bundt pan


It's been a while since I have made buttercream icing and I remembered how after all the fall birthdays and making this icing for all the birthdays, I couldn't look at icing until the next set of birthdays in the fall.

The amount of fat and sugar that goes into this frosting is mind blogging, 4 cups of sugar and 1 cup of fat.

4 c icing sugar
1 c shortening or butter or a combination of both
2 T milk

Beat the shortening until fluffy
add the milk
slowly add the icing sugar and beat after each addition
add 1 tsp vanilla








Since there was an Irish theme, I decided to do a poke cake using green lime in the white cake.  My husband heard one of the kids saying "I don't eat green jello!"





I started by decorating the cake with white icing





Red Wiltons food dye was added to the white frosting until a shade of pink was made










 I can tell you that I was pleased that I did not have to make more icing.. the amount made easily covered the bundt cake, a small cupcake and Barbie's bodice.








Sparkers  always made a Birthday cake look more festive!



















No comments: