here and there

Wednesday, May 2, 2018

Old Fashion Cheesecake with Rhubarb toppping

Cheesecake for Easter Dinner, why not?  I have been making cheesecake with cottage cheese and quark cheese for Easter, but not recently.  This year, I decided to find my recipe and was reminded that using cottage cheese is more like a cheese tasting cake than when using the sweet cream cheese version





The recipe I used was very easy to make and delicious.  Very much like my Grandmother used to make. 

Cottage Cheese Cheesecake 


  • 2c Cottage Cheese
  • 1/2 c Milk
  • 2 Eggs
  • 1/3c Sugar
  • 3T Flour
  • 1 Lemon, juice and rind
  • 1 tsp Vanilla
  • pinch of salt
Base

  • 3/4 c flour
  • 1/2 c oatmeal
  • 1/2 c butter
  • 1/2 c nuts

This is a great base for the cheesecake.  I prefer this base to a graham wafers base


Place everything into the blender or food processor to blend until smooth! 


Since I did not have any graham wafers, I used coconut cookies and pulsed them in a food processor to make crumbs, pulse in 1/3 c of melted butter and form crumbs

Press into a spring form pan, pour in the cottage cheese mixture
Bake in a preheated oven of 325 for 50 to 60 minutes

I have seen topping of Rhubarb for cheesecakes in Europe

Rhubarb topping

  • 2 cups Rhubarb
  • 1/3 c sugar, or to taste
  • Lemon rind and juice
  • fresh ginger
  • orange slices
Cook on the stove in a sauce pan until rhubarb soft





Yes, peeps and sprinkles certainly add to this cheesecake in my grandchild's opinion! 

No comments: