here and there

Monday, February 27, 2017

Breakfast pizza for Cheesefare Sunday




Yesterday for Cheesefare Sunday, I made Breakfast Pizza.  In reading up about CheeseFare Sunday, I found that Cheesefare is connected to Maslenitsa which is believed to be the oldest Slavic holiday.  I had no idea of all the activities that are planned all week from welcoming "Lady Maslenitsa” to burning a doll made of twigs and straw dressed in bright clothing symbolizing saying good bye to Winter and welcoming Spring. My husband and I saw a similar custom done in Switzerland.  All week, crepes with different fillings are popular; crepes symbolizing warmth and the sun!  What a great idea! 


Since, I had No Knead dough in the refrigerator, I used this for the Pizza base. 


The pizza base was first baked at 450 degrees for 8 minutes. 


Mix about a tablespoon of Olive Oil into the Cottage cheese and layer over the caramelized onion.  Add grated mozzarella cheese.  Sprinkle chopped fresh Parsley over the cheese. Make a small indentation for the raw egg.  

Next time, I will add a ring of onion or bell pepper to drop the egg into as one of the eggs did escape, so to say! 






Bake the pizza for 10 to 15 minutes, start checking at 10 minutes if you want the yolks runny!


This is a delicious pizza without any meat, especially the second day.
What I really wanted to add to the Pizza was fresh grated Horseradish, but the Horseradish in my garden was covered with snow! This pizza would be great for a picnic as is great cold.





Breakfast pizza with Cottage cheese and eggs

No comments: